Crisis and Rapid Response – Crisis Case Management – Connections in Recovery in New York
Crisis and Rapid Response – Crisis Case Management: Connections in Recovery (CiR) in New York is a consulting company based in New York City that does treatment strategies and supportive services for addiction and mental health–everything that happens before treatment, such as interventions, treatment placement, safe transport–to after treatment for continuum care/self-care, including case management and providing sober coaches and companions that sometimes do live-ins as do the CiR recovery and mental health coaches and companions.
When Connections in Recovery in New York gets a cry for help, more often than not the individual is in a crisis-situation and assistance is needed immediately. This urgency can translate to an individual or their loved one needing a consultation/assessment service via phone call or in-person meeting at our Manhattan office to go over details of the client to find out: where they are in life right now with their struggle, and what the necessary steps are to take to stabilize the individual in crisis. CiR in New York’s services include providing treatment placement to ensure a facility is a right fit for the individual where their issues/disorders are addressed (i.e. if it is one disorder or dual-diagnosis), interventions, safe transport (this is typically coupled with an intervention in order for the individual to travel with one of our recovery coaches to their treatment facility and/or safe destination following the intervention), to after care support, which consists of case management, finding a therapist, psychiatrist and/or a medical doctor if needed, and recovery coaching or mental heath coaching following treatment.
Crisis & Rapid Response
Crisis & Rapid Response – Consultation Services
Our consultations enable us to determine the best choices for our clients based on their particular circumstances. Since we specialize in treatment placement and advocate for our clients, we always place their needs first. As an objective third-party, our addiction and mental health consultation services offer not only a legitimate viewpoint of treatment facilities, providers, doctors and clinicians, but one that has been personally vetted without any potentially compromising agenda. Because we constantly tour and research treatment facilities, residential & outpatient programs, and personally interview individual professional providers, our recommendations are current and state-of-the-art in terms of clinicians, services and programming.
CiR’s consultation services will help you with planning the next steps toward stabilizing your life through our three-prong process, which includes:
- Comprehensive assessment of your needs and goals.
- Extensive research of available treatment options.
- Recommendations for a plan of action.
Crisis & Rapid Response – Intervention Services
Pre-intervention, and Intervention:
Helping a loved one struggling with an addiction can be extremely taxing. Many times, the individual can be in denial or if they are aware they have a problem, they do not want to get sober.
A highly trained interventionist will ease the difficult decision-making process regarding how to help your loved one take the next step toward recovering from an addiction or mental illness by providing the following assistance:
- Hosting pre-intervention meetings with each participant to answer questions and equip each person with helpful tips to communicate difficult feelings
- Extensive research of available treatment options and recommendations for a plan of action
- Leading the intervention to motivate your loved one to take action toward a healthier life
- Providing 30 days of case management for post-intervention planning to get your loved one into treatment and on to the better part of their journey toward overall wellness
- Safe Transportation Services
Crisis & Rapid Response – Post-intervention recovery options:
Safe Transportation Services
Dedicated and highly trained recovery companions provide the following supervision and support to individuals with addiction and/or mental health problems during travel:
- Encourage and motivate clients to ensure that they successfully arrive at their destination
- Successful and timely arrival to a variety of contexts, such as home, a treatment facility, hospital, or any other requested location
- Coordination of all written and verbal communication between all relevant parties
- Remaining with the client until they have been properly received at their destination
After-care – Case Management Services
Since each human being has its own individual footprint—story—treating drug/alcohol addiction and mental illness requires experienced, precise care. With a focus on an overall solution—a plan for the client—case management aims at helping to address not only what can be a combination of potential underlying causes/layers that need to be observed immediately, but it also is an involved process centered on long-term success.
Our substance abuse/mental health case management team at CiR provides you and your family with the guidance and support necessary to navigate all stages of recovery. Our case managers are there for you every step of the way to efficiently accomplish management of ongoing appointments, understand and implement complex treatment plans, collaborate with your family, treatment teams, and legal professionals, and help you to access to support activities.
Examples of issues which Connections in Recovery clients typically struggle with include:
- Substance Abuse
- Behavioral/Process Addictions
- Emotional Dysregulation
- Eating Disorders
- Attention-Deficit & Disruptive Behavior Disorders
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Impulsive Control
- Pain Management
After-care – Recovery and Mental Health Companions and Coaching
Connections in Recovery is renowned for its superior concierge companion services. All of the Connections in Recovery and Mental Health Coaching/Companion New York staff undergo rigorous, specialized training and are clinically supervised on all cases by our clinician and Director of Services, Francesca Adair, MA, MFT, LPCC. Also, they are trained through the BHRS Model (Behavioral Health Recovery Supervision): An Integrated Model by Georgina K. Smith, Ph.D., who is the CiR head Clinical Supervisor and a licensed Clinical Psychologist. This comprehensive, ongoing training program ensures that each of our clients receive the highest quality of care. The BHRS model includes the components of evidence-based practice and assures that each client’s meaningful goals are met.
As an EMDR clinician, addiction specialist, case management consultant, and educator, Dr. Smith’s treatment specialties include addiction, depression, trauma, relationship issues, borderline personality disorder, self-injury, impulse regulation issues, and eating disorders.
CiR is proud to offer 24/7 moment-to-moment supervision by a licensed clinician, ensuring safety and quality care at all times, hence each coach/companion receiving ongoing clinical support and guidance through their duration with the client. This has been a tremendous asset—especially with more complex cases as well as when transporting a client to a safe location or treatment program.
Our highly trained compassionate companions and coaches are available 24/7 to support you by offering the following:
- Monitoring and support to maintain overall wellness and safety
- Assistance with daily living and successfully returning to the community and/or work
- Motivation and guidance to set and achieve goals
- Skills and strategies that will help to overcome life’s roadblocks
- Collaboration with treatment teams to ensure that goals are achieved and prescribed treatments are being implemented
- Development of a realistic plan to improve various areas of daily living: budgeting, educational planning, professional guidance, sobriety, stability, medication management and physical health
After-care – Recovery and Life Coaching Services
Recovery and Life Coaching coaches help an individual in recovery—whether they are dealing with substance abuse, mental health, or dual diagnosis issues—to overcome obstacles and make healthier life changes or shifts in their lives and spend less time struggling. They are able to help keep the loved one accountable and on-track while moving forward in accomplishing short and long-term goals.
Some of these objectives can include:
- Setting and achieving goals and objectives
- Planning—business, career and life
- Working through blocks and fears
- Clearing clutter
- Financial security and independence
- Balancing business and personal life
- Making key decisions and designing strategies for success
- Communicating powerfully and succinctly
- Becoming a problem-free zone
- Building powerful relationships
- Breaking through the glass ceiling
- Getting promoted
- Finding the ideal career/work or business
- Finding the ideal partner/love/relationship
- Getting out of a rut
- Making an important life transition
- Living an ideal life
- Identifying core values and passions
- Fulfilling personal and emotional needs
- Getting organized
- Having more time to enjoy life
Connections in Recovery in New York is staffed with carefully vetted and hand-picked Drug and Alcohol Interventionists, Addiction and Recovery trained Coaches and Companions, Mental Health trained Coaches and Companions, and certified Recovery Life Coaches.
Since 2011, Connections in Recovery (CiR), an international addiction and mental health treatment consulting and referral resource company, has been a vital resource to individuals across the country, offering expertise in consulting, recovery companions, case management, and interventions. Our compassionate and innovative staff coordinates care and assistance to hundreds of people struggling with addiction and mental health problems—inspiring individuals and families to face life’s challenges and achieve greater personal and economic independence. Serving the Los Angeles area and beyond, Connections in Recovery supports caring for a family member or loved one struggling with addiction and/or mental health, every step of the way.
CiR East Coast
New York: 1-888-617-1050
CONNECTIONS IN RECOVERY
LOS ANGELES | NEW YORK | EUROPE
~ Written by Nathalie Baret, Connections in Recovery Director of Communications and Marketing, email: Nathalie@connectionsinrecovery.com/Director of PR, Win-Win Publicity House, email: firstname.lastname@example.org