ESSENTIAL OILS TO HELP EASE STRESS AND ANXIETY
~By Nathalie Baret
Balancing work, family, and leisure can raise our stress levels higher than where they should be. The repercussions can include losing sleep, restlessness, anxiety, irritability, muscles knotting up, fatigue, loss of appetite and more. One remedy that’s inexpensive and can be used in the comfort of your home or at work is essential oils–a technique that has long been praised for its medicinal and calming abilities for many, many centuries and across all different cultures.
“There’s no wonder why, considering the high cost of healthcare bills and the side effects of conventional medications, adding such oils to your personal medicine cabinet and lifestyle can make a world of difference. This is especially true because essential oils benefits are vast and essential oils uses range from aromatherapy, household cleaning products, personal beauty care and natural medicine treatments,” says Dr. Josh Axe, DC, DMN, CNS.
Essential oils are created from distilling or extracting different particles of plants, including flowers, leaves, bark, roots, resin and peels.
Since essential oils have been used as a method of self-calming, anxiety reducing and stress relieving, why not try some out for yourself?
Here are just a few of the many oils you can start using for a better state of mind today:
Start using these oils by placing a few droplets into a hot bath.
- Tea Tree
Some aromas known for their calming influence that Life Hack suggest include:
- Lavender: Its calming and gentle aroma helps relax even the most anxious of minds. Lavender is, in fact, the number one calming essence. Its special calming qualities are so legendary that there has even been medical research to learn more about its aid in calming the heart and mind. This oil is the best in extreme panic and stress.
- Rose: Second only after lavender in its healing properties. It is not only calming but also uplifting. This one is the best one to choose if you need to calm down but also focus. It’s a good scent to use for an uplifting bath as well.
- Jasmine: Do you have a lot to do but feel too anxious to start? Do you have to go out but feel a bit nervous about it? If so, then this oil is the one for you. It gives you a happy vibe and a ready focus to go out and do what needs to be done. It’s ideal to get in the mood for a party or some other happy gathering.
- Cedar Wood: It calms the mind and also treats any muscle tension that has been caused by anxiety. It also aids your sleep and lets you wake up happy and alert. Put some drops onto your pillow before you go to bed. If you have stress sinus problems this is the ideal oil to diffuse in your bedroom. (As a bonus it also wards off moths and several other summertime insects.)
- Sandalwood: This oil harmonizes the mind and brings mental clarity, it helps scare away fears and is mildly sedative. It also helps positive visualization and concentration.
For a breakdown of 101 essential oils, read the full article HERE
CONNECTIONS IN RECOVERY
LOS ANGELES | NEW YORK | EUROPE
CiRLA & CiR East Coast:
(00) + 1 + 888-617-1050
FR: 33 06 37 31 81 33
UK: 44 20 81 44 35 93