Depression and anxiety affects a person’s family, work, or school life; sleeping and eating habits; and general health.
Depression and Anxiety becomes problematic when it starts to interfere with a normal lifestyle and can cause great hardship and affect how we may think, feel, and behave. Connections in Recovery’s Mental Health Companion, Mental Health Coach Services provides concierge services for individuals suffering from depression and anxiety disorders.
- Chemical imbalance
- Family situation
- Recent loss
- Delayed grief
- Big change in one’s life; a move; a new job/career
- New baby: stress and problems functioning; feeling overwhelmed; post-partum depression
*The Anxiety and Depression Association of America estimates that almost one out of five people suffer from an anxiety disorder, making it the most common mental disorder in the United States.
A Mental Health Coach or Companion Does Help: A companion or coach is put in place to redirect the client when he or she is feeling triggered or spiraling downwards, and are there to help protect the individual against further harm. Often, a mental health companion will move in with clients and are able to travel with them, especially when a trip may be a trigger for relapse (ie. weddings, funerals, family gatherings, special events).
Connections in Recovery’s Mental Health Coaches and Companions assist with:
- Monitoring and support to maintain overall wellness and safety
- Assistance with daily living and successfully returning to the community and/or work
- Motivation and guidance to set and achieve goals
- Skills and strategies that will help to overcome life’s roadblocks and challenges
- Collaboration with treatment teams to ensure that goals are achieved and prescribed treatments are being implemented
- Development of a realistic plan to improve various areas of daily living: budgeting, educational planning, professional guidance, sobriety, stability, medication management and physical health
Whether short-term or long-term, Connections in Recovery’s Mental Health Companion or Coach can work with the client from a few hours a day up-to 24 hours a day for as many days needed.
If you or a loved one needs guidance and support, visit us at www.connectionsinrecovery.com or give us a call at 1-888-617-1050.